The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i bought a new holland CR9080 this year and was just wondering what speed guys are driving in canola. looking like might be starting soon and was just wondering thanks

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
Might need more details. Swath or straight cut, yield, straw load, etc.

The year I ran 9090's I found they could be set to really gobble up the canola swaths and not kick it over. I did have the Elevation model which has some different shaking action than the Nebraska built machines. I think that can be a big factor in small grains. I'm sure someone more familiar with the CR can get more in-depth on that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah good point! the canola is all swathed with 30ft looking like 45-50 bushels per acre. i've hear guys saying there doing 7.5 mph in 50 BPA canola is that possible without loosing it all out the back? thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ran a cr9070 for years. Picked up 50' swath of 45 bu crop at 4mph. Running cr10.90 now, picking up 50' swath at 6-6.5 mph. Speed limiter is the pick up, not holding the canola. Can only pick up a swath so fast before it flys all over the place and shells out before it even gets into the machine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
we run a 9070, 9080 and 9090 in the fleet. Usually run in the 4.5~5mph in 30 or 36' swaths. seems a good fit for the machines. 9090 is an elevation so it has a good .5mph on the others at similar loss. This is in 50plus canola. Could go faster but this is where we like to run them.

·
Registered
378 Posts
You guys must have some different conditions then us, with my tuned cr970 I'm usually in the 3.2-3.5 range on a 40ft 50 bushel swath. Ran with class 8-9 cases, lexions, and jd and nobody breaks 3.5 here, guess it all depends on where you are

·
Registered
880 Posts
You guys must have some different conditions then us, with my tuned cr970 I'm usually in the 3.2-3.5 range on a 40ft 50 bushel swath. Ran with class 8-9 cases, lexions, and jd and nobody breaks 3.5 here, guess it all depends on where you are
i agree with you, we mostly run 3.5 miles on 35ft swath in 50+ canola. any faster and she's going out the back too much material for the sieves to shake it out, straightcut seems to help with shoe load but rotor loss in green stems becomes the issue then.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I see your south of Winnipeg same as me. You are right 40’ 3.5 max. Ok some time 4 mph.? Is a load. It’s the valley the humidly rolls in your done.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I see your south of Winnipeg same as me. You are right 40’ 3.5 max. Ok some time 4 mph.? Is a load. It’s the valley the humidly rolls in your done.
Yeah seems like we start every morning with enough dew to make you wonder if it rained and finish in a cloud of fog, half my custom acres are within a mile or two of the river though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts