The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a CR9090, we are using it for fall harvest cutting grain sorghum. Noticed we were throwing alot of grain out of the left side of the machine. Did a killstall and found out that the left section on the upper sieve is plugged from front to back while the rest of the sieves are clean. is there anyone who has had this problem and if so what did you do about it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
have seen plugged many times, bad on you, you should be looking inside everyday for this and any damage. always would actuate the adjusters to make sure any debris was removed and that the adjustment moved and was where i wanted it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
should'nt have said plugged sieves. i meant when we do a kill stall the crop material is laying at least 3 inches thick on top of the sieve on the left side from front to back. It just seems we aren't getting any air on the left side. seems to be nothing wrong with the fan and there is nothing blocking air flow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had trouble like this on a 9070, tried all sorts of adjustments, nothing made much difference until we checked the concave clearance left to right and found they were not set even. Set them correctly and problem solved.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have seen this problem in sorghum before and it was caused by uneven feeding from the draper front. It required the flow divider to be adjusted on the draper mat drive motors to get the material to feed centrally. If one side draper is faster than the other the material will push over the centre and feed incorrectly and carry right through the machine. Seems to only be possible in sorghum where there is lots of grain and not a lot of mog.
Checking the sieve angle and opening clearance calibrations as suggested above would be very worthwhile also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.