The Combine Forum banner

Cr 9090

15K views 42 replies 25 participants last post by  crking 
#1 ·
Who will run one of those this coming harvest?

#10 ·
Re: CR 9090

I am fairly certain that all CR's are made in Nebraska and only walkers are made in Belgium. Besides, the only major difference between a CR 9070/9080 and the CR 9090 is the engine and horsepower.

All walker combines and all CRs destined to the European market are made in Zedelgem. Initially European CRs were made in Nebraska, but that proved to be a disaster since the machines were not adapted at all to the local conditions. So they moved production and engineering of the European CRs at the Belgian combine factory (by engineering I mean mostly adaptations for Europe). (After all, why ship engines made in France to the US only to reimport the machines later?). As for the 9090, it is only made in Belgium, not in Nebraska. Oh and then now make CRs in Sorocaba, Brazil as well!

#11 ·

Tried one 2 years ago and it didn't do that much more than the CR 9080 we were using at the time. Has the power but I would question the whether the seive capacity is quite a match for it. It does the job, but we weren't getting anything like the sample quality we could out of the 9080. Maybe something that could be setup to sort out and maybe a day wasn't long enough to find out, but I would have thought the CNH guy who came with it should have been able to sort it.

#13 ·

As an experienced user, I can let u know that it was not set properly when you demoed it. This is the biggest problem with demoes, happened to us when when we demoed a lexion as well. Once you are a user of a certain machine for a while you learn the ins and outs of tweaking it for optimal performance.

#14 ·

The CR and CX were both built on the TF chassis (out of Belgium) and I am pretty sure the Case 10 series (8010 etc) also use the same chassis but with different components on top.
The TF combine was the flagship of the NH combine range but after the TF 78 they felt they had gone as far as they could in the development of that concept.
The TF chassis was used as it already used the twin return system and leveling shoe system with the only difference being the TF return system was chain driven compared to the CR/CX being belt driven.
Cheers Lindsay.

#15 ·

guys, i have it on pretty good authority that the 9090 is built on the CX chassis, it is built for sure in belgium last winter if guys from our stores were able to see them being assembled during their plant tour..

i had a 9090 in a 30' double swath 70 plus spring wheat crop and averaged over the entire day asper the monitor in the combine 3.9 mph. we were stopping to unload probably 60% of the time.

a very impressive machine overall....

#16 ·

for the moment, all CR9090's are build in Zedelgem/Belgium, also for American market. in Zedelgem, we make de CR9060/9070/9080/9090, I know that in Grand Island, you also have lower numbers...

and that the CR9090 is on a CX chassis??? I have to check that out, CR elevation has another cleaning than a CX combine.

Greetz Kristof

#19 ·

jaydee, are you saying that the dealer brought the combine out and it threw over when pushed, and you just assumed that it was set right? Dealers have little field experience and a lot of in lot experience. I am 100% sure that it would have been set by the book.

#20 ·

As most of you know, you can't just pull into a field with a new combine set it by the book and have it work perfectly. Numerous factors come into play from farm to farm, field to field, crop to crop, morning to night.

If the CR is set properly for the conditions in the field it should be an impressive machine. Just assuming its a piece of junk without having it adjusted properly for the conditions in your field is very short sighted. Its also insulting to the people who have spent a great deal of thier hard earned cash to own and operate these machines.

#22 ·

I've been bugging the local NH dealer about demoing one for some time now...so...I guess the squeaky wheel is getting the grease. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do in some of our tall/heavy wheat...straight cutting 40'. We've been running green for many years so I'm excited at the chance to try something different....even if it's only for 4 or 5 hours.

#23 ·

Jester,we played around with the settings as well and we had a custom crew with CRs,and their combines did throw over as well when they tried to run side by side with our 9870STS.I am not saying that the CR is junk,but i think the 9080 and 9090 are over rated in my opinion.

#24 ·

The big difference is conditions. If you need 100hp+ just to run the chopper in heavy, green straw conditions, a 9080 or 9090 will outperform a 9070. However, if a 9070 is running in dry conditions at maximum sieve or rotor capacity with power to spare, obviously a 80 or 90 is not going to do any better since they all have the same guts.

#25 ·

i am not sure what is over rated but when working with a 9870 last year on 38 bu canola the 9870 did 4 swaths and the 9080 did 6 swaths. Both were doing a great job of saving and found 9080 doing a cleaner sample in hopper. Both of us have lots of experience running our appropriate machines. I would think a 9070 and 9870 are similar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.