The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a CR 940 that we are currently been having issues with, looking for insight as the dealer is at a loss.

Issue one is that it will pop out of gear. We were combining corn today and while in second gear it will stop, on the display a bar (--) will be where the gear 2 indicator should be. It is fine in all other gears.

Issue two is that it will not go into Neutral. It says gearshift unsuccessful. I was under the combine and there is a dial my the gear shift motor that indicates which gear it is in. While switching to Neutral, the knob "hunts" "moves" in between 2 and 3 gear but cannot stop on neutral.

We have replaced the sensor on the transmission which indicates which gear it is in with no luck. The old sensor itself would allow to go into Neutral but the new sensor does not.

The error it was coming up with was "Transmission shift line disconnected" The deal said it was "probably" the sensor. Since the sensor was replaced, the Code Transmission Shift line disconnected has not come up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Your sensor target may be too far from the sensor. It should be 10 mm. The shifter pivot under the plastic indicator umrella is like a bushing that is threaded into the transmission. If you loosen that bushing and slip a shim under it (you will have to cut a washer into a c shape as the bushing cannot be backed all the way out) that will lift the shifer target closer to the sensor.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have a new 9060 that won't always go into 1st gear, is this the same problem. Don't use 1st very offen so hasn't been a big deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will check that gap this morning to see if it helps. Dealer is thinking maybe the motor is bad which wouldn't make sense because it is shifting but the sensor is not telling it where to stop.

We are also going to pull the top cover off of the transmission to check to see if everything is moving as it should.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We found out today that the sensor was out of adjustment and also the bearing on gear 1 was out. Now time to take the transmission out and replace the bearing on the gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts