The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been combining in lodged barley that was swathed with some beaver huts as well as some canola with the same problem. The concave has come unhooked two or three times. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
12 Posts
One side in particular or either? Make sure the center divider is in slot in the middle infeed shoe @ front. Concaves are centered. Can't run concaves open more than 1 inch as this increases problem. If concave is bent a little it will also increase problem. The ledge in the middle that it sits on needs to be longer on bottom side but NH thinks there is no problem!
Run long enough with concave out and wears hole in front of grain pan. seen this lots.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is this a problem on cr 940 also. Just wondering since I have a 05 cr940 that Ive only used on 200 acres of small grain and will be keeping eye on this possible problem as I start beans and corn and will have concave openned up much more on corn especially. I have had the concaves out and it can be a challenge to get the hooks in center and the latches to over center. Do you have the part number of the kit. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Ran 2500 acres through our 04 CR970 this fall and didn't have an issue. Haven't looked at our machine but is there an adjustment to move the latches further toward the middle of the machine so the concaves sit tighter to the center?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts