The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our CR970 started giving us erratic fan speeds and our dealer is stumped. It is the hyd. drive fan and is sending wild voltages to the PWM valve. We changed out the CCM1 box today, thinking it was a controller issue, that did not help. There are know other parts available to try the change and hope method and my dealer is really struggling at this point to find the real problem.Monday we can of course contact some New Holland higher-ups and hope for some help. Any advice will be truly appreciated.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Check the brackets that hold the hyd motor to the frame. If one of these are cracked or broken it will give erratic readings until the motor fly's off and takes out the shields. This is an update and if they did not have it perfectly set it will eventually crack and fly off. Had this happen to 2 that we had updated a number of years ago.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Check grounds!!! Check wire harness connections! keep it simple, check the wires in the loom coming from the speed sensor on the fan. Also check the clearance between the pickup and sensor. All this may have already been done, but it is such a quick and simple test.
I had a customer who had is yeild sensor go offline, was ready to replace the sensor..... all it was was a fuse 47 in cab! Simple!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have narrowed the fan speed problems down to a wiring issue. We have not located the exact spot, but it is in the wiring harness over the front axle. If I shake those wires while it is running I can get it back to normal. I can also make the leveling shoe go out of level when shaking the wires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We found the problem. The lower frame electrical harness had worn thru on the plastic loom into the wires. This machine is only 3 seasons old and is cared for very well. It was a stress-full problem but is on it's way to full repair. The new harness is reasonably priced as well. Thanks for the inputs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts