The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,i was wondering your thoughts around buying a second machine to run along side my JD 9770.
I have come across a CR 970 03 model.
I have never had a New Holland harvester before but am familiar with the tractors.
What should i be looking for when inspecting the machine as it has nearly 4000 engine hours and 3450 separator hours.
Bear in mind i don't want it for a main machine just some extra capacity for mainly wheat.
Thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Cracks in the pivot assembly for the self leveling sieve frame was about the only issue unique to the early 9*0 series. Other then that it's just checking for wear in sheet metal, check the rotor covers for holes they're pretty expensive for a couple of bits of tin. Everything else works the same as any other rotary header and has the same wear limits

·
Registered
431 Posts

I think that thread should cover alot of it. An 03 might be in the first batch of them that should have had a few extra updates, the coupler between the 2 rotor gearboxes being the only one I remember off the top of my head.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks for the info guys, i missed out on the sale, somebody beat me to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts