The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't think there were ever cummins engines put in CR combines. Early CR940's had an electronic version of the New Holland 'Genesis' engine and otherwise they have an Iveco in 8,9,10 and 13 litres depending on model and series.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The first year of the 9060 they had the qsl8.9 cummins. the 7.8 iveco didnt meet the emission requirement. they used the cummins until the cursor 9 was ready.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The first year of the 9060 they had the qsl8.9 cummins. the 7.8 iveco didnt meet the emission requirement. they used the cummins until the cursor 9 was ready.
That's right. I had a 2007 9060 that had the cummins. You do not want one of them. There could be some late model 2007 that got the Iveco, not sure though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not sure about the NH machines but i run a Massey with the Cummins and find the engine to be the worst psrt of it. dont think they like running at the revs they do for combine work. Hard on fuel too. I agree with Hondaman and try the Iveco.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't know any thing about the Iveco but the problems that the Cummins have mostly stem from the EGR system and the EGR components with the turbo.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
There is a CR 9060 with a cummins motor around here. The owner seems pretty happy with it. Was saying that his father inlaw purchased a 9060 with the iveco motor in it and had to chip it up to get the same capacity as the cummins motor, seems to have better power.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry guys, I was wrong on this one. From memory that was a very poor season in our part of the world and none of the units that had the cummins were sold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts