The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all i am looking at a 06 cr970 combine/header an the previous owner said who just change colors said the only real problem with was the oil over heating an de rating it down to 5 mph i was just wondering why does it do this an is there anything that can fix it an how long does it do it for

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Is it at a dealer? If so, get them to check the pressures on the hydro pump and motor (as well as the case drain volume/pressure off the hydro motor). There is a possibility that the motor/pump is going. Then it isn't cheap.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello Andy it is at a dealer but its a case dealer i don't know if it the same on them if they can check it there the previous owner said it did it from the start an has done it for a while now an they fix it or just made it better buy lifting the temp limit to 95C instead off 80c which it was set at he has a brother who both had the same combine with slimier problems but he went to 7120 an his brother went to a 9070 they are on pretty sandy country an slight hills a lot off guys are going to for the bigger hp combine in that area due the hp needs to move the combine along at 11mph with 42ft heads with that weight it takes abit of moving a combine at that speed what would it cost to replace the hydro

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes a case dealer can check the pressures, the new red combines use the same hyrdostat system as the yellow ones. The hydro is quite expensive to replace so it is definately worth it to get it checked out properly.

·
Registered
172 Posts
is the oil actually overheating or is it a crook sensor giving the CCM a false reading? if it is actually getting hot check the cooler housing, i have seen the housings poorly sealed and not cooling efficeintly, also check the oil in it, i have heard of changing the oil to higher temp rated stuff when machine runs in hotter conditions, it may sound silly but the filters also maybe partially blocked restricting oil flow, just a few thoughts, cheers Ben

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check to make sure coolers are cleaned good and sealed, hydraulic/hydro cooler is the bottom one. Change Filters next. Would have someone check the pressures and case drain. Had one unit that overheated around 05/06 years. I believe we installed a kit from new holland that added sheetmetal and rubber flaps to duct more of the air into the coolers. This was on a CR960 with identical problem. Had good luck since then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.