The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of the CR960 owners having problems with the rotor coupler. Mine has failed twice and I have heard of a few more having the same problem. When the coupler fails it wears the splines on the input and output shaft of the rotor gear box. My CR has been down for over a week because parts are not available. If other people have problems we need to get onto New Holland to get the problem solved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes I also have had this problem. My 2003 CR970 went through two couplers during my 2006 harvest. It was under warranty both times and the dealership replaced the whole rotorbox both times. It was easier and actually cheaper than replacing the spline and other guts of the box. NH did come out with an updated coupler which is bigger and supposed to fix the problem. I haven't heard of as many problems this last year. This was also an update that your dealership should do for your combine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.