The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found that the CR seat is very uncomfortable? We are on our second CR, and every time I mention this to NH, they tell me no one complains. Recently I have found at least four other owners within a 40 mile radius feel the same. It basically has no adjustments compared to most tractor/combine seats, and if it doesn't fit, there isn't much you can do.
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or if I am the only one.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
We used to run cx's, same seat, worst seat ever made just about #%&$'d my back for two years. Glad we switched brands because I honestly couldn't take it anymore. I'll take a small crappy cab with a comfortable seat over the harvest suite cab anyday. Best part is the case seats are very comfortable. I told my rogator dealer I wouldn't be buying another one because of the seat( same as cr) and they changed. Not trying to bash NH here but I also complained about the seat for years. The old tx's had way better seats than the new ones and when you sit in it for 14-16 hrs a day is there anything more important?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just got off the 9070 an hour ago and could not agree more one of the worst seats made. Last machine was tx68 and liked seat and hydrostat control much better. Also a bit off this topic but doing tuff oats today plugged chopper at least 10 times both chopping and dropping straw and the other tx68 plugged right along never a problem little disappointed in new 9070

·
Registered
125 Posts
Third season on our cr 960 I like the seat. we demoed a 7120 case this year and one of the worst things on that machine is the seat its so high my legs dangled even with it dropped all the way. hurts the knee that way. I'm 5' 10" so not tiny and couldnt get comfortable.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
I don't mind the seat, but I think the one in our TR is better. It is vastly superior to the leather slabs in my parents 06 Explorer.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
It seems the more ergonomics and adjustments they put on the new seats the more uncomfortable they are. What ever happened to the plain flat backed seats everything used to have. Now there is one or two lumps or humps and it just doesn't work. They should just put one of those massaging chairs in them, lol, tho it'd be a lot tougher to stay awake.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have spent a lot of time on a CR seat, have not had any issues...I don't mind the seat. However, my brother hates the seat. I guess it is personal preference and body type.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess my biggest complaint against NH, is why don't they provide an option on a seat upgrade. When one has to lay out several hundred thousand dollars on a combine, it would seem that there should be a choice if you don't like the standard seat. They just don't get it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I loved the seat. I ran a 940 for two years and loved it. I could sit there for 14hrs or so and have no problems with back or legs.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Was a not chopper being plugged my mistake straw did not seem to be making it from beater to PSD belt and dropped onto chaff spreader plugging spreader and backing up onto seives getting low speed alarms on spreader. Turned up rotor speed to bust straw better seemed to solve problem. Very tough oat straw seemed to plug opening over straw chopper out the back and backup on the belt giving low PSD belt spd. Got better when straw dryed up. Still not a fan of the seat but getting used to it.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
May have to check your beater grate to beater distance -the straw may not be getting grabbed and propelled like it should. Or install the beater grate cover so it doesn't get a chance to hang up on the grate. The PSD opening where the straw is supposed to drop into the chopper is ultra lame. 1st off, the distance between the belt and the roof gets smaller as it goes rearward and after it is supposed to make its 90 degree turn straight down it also necks down. If we get any trouble with it there will be some modifications occurring.

I'd rather have a bad seat than have to unplug the PSD belt constantly! Sitting in a bad seat is better than not sitting in a good one because the machine is plugged up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts