The Combine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long promise I finally got them. Got to the field little late and got some pictures of the boss combining with the farmer with him before I took over. Field wasn't too bad. Front half was poor. Back half was 100 or better with highs of 135. So here they are. The wheat was standing and it's a beautifull combine to operate. Very comfortable. It was 36 yesterday which is over 100F and the automatic climate control worked wonderfull. Never felt warm. Wish I had a 30ft head though.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thank you for those SWEET pics. Sure looks like a nice ride to have to sit in all day. Something about them that gives me the Chils

Almost ready to trade up my 2388s for A Yeller one..

HOw fast can you travel with that little header and still get a good sample in the tank?

Keep them comming. I can look at pics all day long.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll take more of them when I can. I'll likely be combining all the 160ac we got left so most will have to be from the cab. We cut wheat 4-6" off the ground so we take ALOT of straw through her. Home farm is going 110bu+ which has a HUGE amount of straw to put through her. I was doing 2mph but will push her when its standing until the loss goes up. I got a HUGE burdock stuck in one concave which plugged it and made my rotor loss go up. You can even monitor your returns to see how much is going to the re thresher. It doesn't move so alls getting threshed by the rotor. Its running 14%, getting docked .1 which is nothing to worry about with next to nothing on the ground. Some is bound to piggy back out with the straw. Hers some more for ya. The full fingered auger sure makes it feed nice. Having a problem wheat getting caught between the arm of the reel and the head. They think its because the snouts are so narrow that in downed wheat its not standing it up right enough for the reel. Not problem in standing wheat.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thnaks for the pictures again. I just scroll up and down looking at them. Sure makes me wish my Dad was still farming. We would probably have 1 or 2 of them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nope. Thats my Dads cousin. I havent been on the farm since 98...Beside the ocasional visit back home. I went home in 01 to help with harvest and ran the grain cart. Even when we did farm, we didnt own a combine for many years. We had Tyler Harvesting our of KS for a few years, and then We went with A group out of Canada, I cant remember the company name. Crew chief was Bruce. THey sold out a few years ago to Johnsons. The 9250 was theirs as was one of the T600s and old 900s I believe. The last combine we owned was a TR96 but we sold it as, back then it was cheaper to have it cut for you in less time then it was to own a combine. Anway..thanks again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The name John sounds familar..but The guy I remember is Ronnie. His dad was Lole/Loyle. Not sure on spelling. He was there the first year as was his cousing. They all ran 9600s but his cousin with a 1688. That year I got to run the 1688 for a few days. It was fun. After that they all ran 9600s. THe following year I ran one as they were always short handed by the time they got to us. It was alot of fun. They always ran red trucks. Some of them even the IH cabover as they bought them from wallmart and streached the frame.

Anyway. Good memories. Makes me miss the farm and all the action. I even got to run a 2388 second to last year I lived at home. Anyway.. Lets petition Case to chage the cab and add some Corperate GREY:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I talked to Ronnie on Thursday, and actually have to call him again tomorrow. Ronnie is very much in custom harvesting still. He's living in Yuma, AZ and cuts (was anyhow) for Melon Bros and Johnson Farms as well as a few other smaller guys. He also cuts for at least one farm in Yazoo City, MS. When I talked to him he was hauling the combines there today. He was running a 9660 STS and a 9650 walker, but traded the 9660 end of last week and got a 9x00 walker from what I saw. Also supposedly bought 2 more 9650 walkers for use in MS and also runs one 2388. Years ago he was based (and still is sort of) in Carnige, OK.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Quote:Nope. Thats my Dads cousin. I havent been on the farm since 98...Beside the ocasional visit back home. I went home in 01 to help with harvest and ran the grain cart. Even when we did farm, we didnt own a combine for many years. We had Tyler Harvesting our of KS for a few years, and then We went with A group out of Canada, I cant remember the company name. Crew chief was Bruce. THey sold out a few years ago to Johnsons. The 9250 was theirs as was one of the T600s and old 900s I believe. The last combine we owned was a TR96 but we sold it as, back then it was cheaper to have it cut for you in less time then it was to own a combine. Anway..thanks again.

DustyK,

You are part right, when we bought out "Dave Watkins" from Aylesbury, SK we didn't buy the tractor or any of our T600's from him, however we did get the combines, a bunch of trailers and his 2 W900's.

As for Bruce, we worked a couple years harvesting for the farm he manages now up by Ft. Sask, AB. Both Dave and Bruce are great guy's and are both involved in a couple very well ran farming operations now. Not really relevant information for this post but thought you may like to know what they were up to.

JHarvest

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry Lance. Miss information. After I posted that and got home I was looking at my pictures from the last year we farmed. THey ran a 9330/10 not the 9350. Anway...sorry again. Cant wait to see the photo album for this year.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got more pictures for you guys. Been combining late and not eating supper till 10 or later so then I go to bed. Once I get a chance I'll post them and a few videos even. We've got around 100ac left. The wheat I'm combining today is all standing so it'll be a nice day in the CR. Except for the Tranny is locking up every time we go down the road. Too much pressure between the plats they say so they put a breather on the tranny but obviously didn't work.

Take care,

Nathan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts