The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the years of challenging harvest conditions becoming more regular, I am considering adding another combine for next year. I have been running a 10.90 for the past 3 years. My question is for the guys who have switched between 9.90's and 10.90's or who have run them side by side, is the capacity difference worth the extra $$$$ to go to the 10.90?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was just thinking about the same question. Would be very interesting to hear what you came up with?

Did you go with the 10.90 or 9.90?

What kind of header are you using?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just thinking about the same question. Would be very interesting to hear what you came up with?

Did you go with the 10.90 or 9.90?

What kind of header are you using?
I bought another 10.90. Running a 50' honeybee airflex on one and i had an older 42' honeybee on hand that I'm running on the other. I had some electronic issues on the new one so was given a 2019 9.90 demo to use for a few days. In my opinion, the difference between the 9.90 and 10.90 is worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cool, yea I bet that extra HP makes a good difference with that kind of width on the header.

Are you running with Intellisense?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you running with Intellisens
No. I'm old school. Have settings I like and go with them. I don't like things controlled with electronics moving constantly. Sometimes they stop working. Case in point, there was a discussion on CF a few weeks ago about sieves not returning to desired position using headland mode. I change settings as I feel are needed and as little as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts