The Combine Forum banner

CR8090 battling away on tracks

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Haystack 
#1 ·
The last of '14 Riverina rice crop is taking it's toll on machinery. This is as bad as it gets but what makes it really tough is the over-cut - when lazered - then the top soil fill that goes into the over-cut to fill to grade. Machine was going well until you hit this patch .... & then you're in all sorts of grief.

#3 ·
This is a friends machine & tracks make a huge difference. This paddock was zero grade lasered, then sown to rice. It is really wet but the problem is where the over-cuts/fill is. It's real deep top soil with the bottom a long way down.
Concaves? - this one has NH round bars in it & they work pretty well.
Separation grates - has slotted & open.

#4 ·
I think you just need tracks on the rear also. It would be best if they were set out one half of a track width wider than the front, even if they were just idlers on a front drive only machine. It's taking all of its energy for the wheel to climb the wave.

I sure wish we had enough frost free days and a soil temperature to grow some of that rice. I could set up one **** of a paddy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.