The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started off new 9060 today (sweet machine)

Anyway, the header height resume is doing funny things, height control works fine manually but when I push the resume button (R) it goes funny, it resumes down but if adjusted manually it won't resume to the same spot and once R has been pressed the manual height is very jerky and sometimes wont lift or drop at all. Once RR is pressed it works fine manually again.
We have calibrated the height sensor and that is fine but then we found calibrate header height control, we tried that with the front off as required but it sat thinking for 10 minutes until we got sick of waiting and cancelled it. This must be the problem but my book does not have any info on this calibration and service guy had never seen it before this year.

Any suggestions please.

Dealer is looking into it I thought I would see if the combine forum could beat him to it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i had the same problem last season on one of our customers machines, when you start the calibration it comes up calibration busy, you have to hit the down botton to start it off, it took me ages to figure it out, as you said the book says nothing at all about it, depending on what head you have you might need to tighten up the potentiometer on the skids i have had them come loose and even fall off from new, hope this helps Cheers Ben

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ben, I thought you were on a winner but service guy said that isn't the problem as we don't need the header height control. We run a draper and I thinks perhaps its for flex fronts??
Any how still unsolved, whenever I hit the R button the hydraulics either won't work or go jerky.

·
Registered
172 Posts
your header height control is just that, control of your header height, it doesnt matter what head is on the combine it will need to be calibrated to determine ground presure etc, another thing it could be is the throat hight potentiometer, i have had them seized or not working and it throws everything out of whack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have had this problem with all of our '09 machines out here in Nebraska... It needs new software in CCM1... if you give your local dealer a call there is a service bulletin for it!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are spot on the money nhman

New software was loaded the other day and seems to have fixed the problem.
We just need some dry weather to try it properly

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts