The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto steer started plaing up in our 9060 in the last field.
Combine randomly steers hard left, makes unloading on the go nerve wracking.
Looking at the diagnostic screen the voltage for the steer sensor jumps all over the place when faulting but its not going over 5.5 volts. This makes me think it may not be a wire otherwise it would go to 12v?

At one stage we stopped and the voltage was jumping whilst we were parked, we unplugged the steer sensor and voltage dropped to zero. Plugged it back in and it was erratic again.
Of course it was in the last field and now I can't make it do it again.
The steer sensor in built into the steer ram, I don't want to replace the ram just for the sake of it, I'm told they may not be repairable. Seems crazy is this true?
Anyone else have same problem?

Thanks, Russ

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting you say that Rusty, We have an '08 year 8010 which has the steer angle sensor built into the steer cylinder also, and although an older machine, it may use the same system.
I have been having a similar problem with the steering doing a hard left turn, sometimes immediately after engaging auto steer and sometimes just randomly along a straight run, leading to a couple of close shaves with the chaser bin also.
I however am using a mojoRTK to control the steering but it hacks into the factory steer angle sensor for that input. I was just blaming the mojoRTK for the random issue, as I have been having other problems with it, but maybe my steer angle sensor is at fault too.
As for the 5.5 volts signal, I think the messages from the steer angle sensor are sent over a CAN BUS network, so I don't think the voltage should ever go over about 5.5 volts (but I'm no expert on CAN BUS systems!).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Russ. Had two do it this year with faulty WAS. They priced up a ram and aftermarket WAS an they are pretty close on price. I'm pretty sure it would only be a 5.5 volt signal

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting,
Roy our CR is '09 so probably same as your '08 Case. I can't believe have to replace the whole ram, what a waste of a good ram.
Would be nice if had another paddock to go so could borrow a ram to test rather than wait til next year or buy a new one just in case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
similar story,,,,, gps steers left ,, had the same issue with a different system on a seeding tractor,,,,

we were told that it could be three things and still unsure as to what it was,!! but could be,,,, different radio wavelength from your receiver dome interfering with your gps(ie dome wavelength interference with tractor radio) also they said the satellite's update themselves daily at a certain hour of the day,, and when overloaded they can go haywire,,,

usually happened at a certain time of day where signal was weakest for us we found!

third thing was interference with dome on secondary paddock unit.!! hope this kinda helps troubleshoot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.