The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
I would put them about even. Equal cleaning area (system, except for rethresher, in fact). The small rotor CRs seem to be limited by the rotor diameter. Had a 1st year 7010 demo against our TR98 and they were about even in every way (except cab comfort!). They had a HP update after that demo, but it was dry conditions on durum, so hp wasn't a huge issue.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive got a 9060 running with a 7120, same model year, same headers (42ft drapers). Your right, pretty even.
CR smoother, a bit easier on fuel, 100% better hyd controls. Both are cutting good acres.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
It all depends if HP is limiting or sieve area. If you are running in a heavy, dry canola crop, the cleaning area is most likely limiting capacity so the big machine would be better. But in cereals or peas, probably the machines would be very evenly matched.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Threw a 9070 into this mix today. same field, same headers, set up equal. 9070 showed approx 40% more then the 9060 or 7120. Very impressive machine.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
will be running in the same feild latter this month with a 9070, and i have a chiped 7120, with a 4 foot bigger head, and am putting the money on the smaller combine, keep you informed

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should be interesting......

Why do you think the chipped 7120 will out perform the 9070? Its still a 9L eng vs a 10.3L. Totally different torque curves, power rise, etc. I think you will find that:
1) You will run out of sieve capacity.
2) A chip may add 35-40hp but as the old saying goes "no replacment for displacment"

Sounds like a good place for a 9065, that would be the equivalent of a chipped 7120, or a close as you will get.

Look forward to the findings!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts