The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have dramas with air cleaner blocking in 12 hours of work have changed seals on rotary screen and checked all radiator seals is there any mods that improve air filters

·
Registered
57 Posts
Check all your air to air connections, had same problem on a 9080. Went from cleaning out the air filter once a day to every three hours. Turned out to be a small hole in one of the boots that kept getting bigger

·
Registered
754 Posts
Make sure aspirator tube has no blockages, and take honeycomb pre cleaner off machine and take it apart and clean it completely out. I am able to go 200 hrs on 9070 with no issues.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

have cleaned all aspirator tubes out even cut muffler out and checked. when you said you had a hole in hose where abouts. my dealer says to extend muffler pipe to help more draw, plus to put small mesh on intake when its sucking threw the screen box. they also said to cut holes in aspirator box and make a trap door so its easier to clean out. i see the case suck from the top of the screen box and have a different aspirator, just wondering if anyones done modifications like that
regards

·
Registered
57 Posts
have cleaned all aspirator tubes out even cut muffler out and checked. when you said you had a hole in hose where abouts. my dealer says to extend muffler pipe to help more draw, plus to put small mesh on intake when its sucking threw the screen box. they also said to cut holes in aspirator box and make a trap door so its easier to clean out. i see the case suck from the top of the screen box and have a different aspirator, just wondering if anyones done modifications like that
regards
The hole was on one of the rubber boots going from the air cooler to the turbo. Wasn't very big we fought it for quite awhile cleaned out aspirator, blocked off some holes in aspirator, put on a new aspirator, taped and caulked every seam nothing worked until that boot went completely. Blow the air filter out about every 100 hours now instead of every three

·
Registered
368 Posts
Have dramas with air cleaner blocking in 12 hours of work have changed seals on rotary screen and checked all radiator seals is there any mods that improve air filters
regards
The hole was on one of the rubber boots going from the air cooler to the turbo. Wasn't very big we fought it for quite awhile cleaned out aspirator, blocked off some holes in aspirator, put on a new aspirator, taped and caulked every seam nothing worked until that boot went completely. Blow the air filter out about every 100 hours now instead of every three
One of the neighbors put a chimney on the air intake as tall as fits under power lines, I dont think he ever has to clean his filter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts