The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any tips for cutting wheat and barley when the straw is damp and so is the grain. Got the rotor flat out (1950ish) but maybe I just have to accept the losses.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Never seen a 9070 that goes 1950. Ours goes 1200 max. Question -are you in europe, cause then its like our 9060s?

As fast as possible is what I would do. Maybe agitator pins in the separating area as well would work.

Might want to check if you have a beater grate cover plate under the beater. If so, take it out and you might get a little more separated before it goes out the back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes in Europe, Scotland to be exact. Harvest weather has been awful, still got 900 acres of wheat and barley to cut with one 9070, started with 1500 a month ago, which for "here" is a lot/combine. Only really been getting 1 or 2 days a week for cutting.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
I haven't seen any serial # breaks. There is are both a 4 and 5 belt separator pulley option. That may be the difference.

Col, let us know if you have agitator pins installed or if you do and that helps out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi there, is the crop still standing or is it flat on the ground? I think you to a point have to accept a bigger loss than normal. I think its better to get most of the crop under the given conditions rather than wait on the perfect weather. I would cut it high as possible, and then slash it down afterwards.
Sieves well open and heaps of air
I've pulled wires out of the concaves to help the separation, and keep them from clogging, that's in barley with lots of grass/green bits in. It helped me to keep going.
But I have only tried this with an AF. I dont know how easy it is to get to the concaves on the NH.
Just my two cents

1 - 7 of 7 Posts