The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CR9080 Black smoke over 30% engine load ? removed inner and outer air filter checked all air piping and connection hoses and clamps all good . removed muffler to check turbo looks and spins good changed fuel filter . no DTC codes compared boost to diff. CR9080 same year boost pressures were the same. removed pipe at intake heater to check for blockage all looks good. Can anybody help?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Check the cam timing gear. The bolts loosen off and it slips a bit on its slots. Can see the old marks usually.

Left side of the motor behind a domed shape cover and crankcase breather filter.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Forgot the fuel cap for half a day on a 8120. Blowing black smoke and engine load was way up. New fuel filters and back to normal. Cheap thing to try.

Edit: I see you mentioned fuel filters. Did you do them both? Does your fuel tank have a screen in the opening? I've also had canola pods nearly plug up the line from tank to priming pump before the water strainer.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Had a friend complain of the same thing. Checked and cleaned his air filter. One time after it happened again he went back to see the intake tube still collapsed. He put in all new air filters and never happened again. Black smoke is usually a good sign of an air restriction of some sort. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm back to the drawing board, changed turbo and still black smoke, checked timing gears and they look good. at 1900 rpm it starts to smoke on and off
checked the injectors and number 2 didn't work
when we shut of the 2nd injector at full throttle it stopped smoking. couldn't see a difference when it was throttled back all the way and shut the 2nd injector off

1 - 13 of 13 Posts