The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled my combine into shop about 3 weeks ago was doing some maintenance to get ready for fall. It ran fine when I pulled it in, now when I start it up it runs fine and I can rev it up for a second or two before the computer fully boots up and it seems to run smooth for that second or two, once the computer boots up it starts running rough like it is missing and instantly downs the rpm to roughly 1200 or so and will not allow me to rev it up any. The bad part is it is NOT throwing a code so no idea where to look. I had an 8010 not allow me to rev up and ran rough but it threw a code and it was a simple issue just a pin not making contact on the main injector harness going into the engine.

I dont have any real ideas on where to look but I am thinking it is probably something similar given the fact it ran just fine and now just starting it up and this issue. Any ideas other than having to call dealer out to hook up computer,

Really is time for right to repair legislation in Canada. The amount we pay for these darn things should allow us to at least diagnose and fix them ourselves.
Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
once the computer boots up it starts running rough...
Hmm, sounds like CANbus issue of some sort. the computer will generate CANbus traffic after it boots up. Its only a clue... try unplugging monitor to see if engine runs ok without it in a stable way... starting point...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering if your electric fuel priming pump is functioning properly? The engine will generally run at low idle but not at high if it’s playing up. Can check it’s delivery by cracking open an air bleed screw up on the engine whilst the key is on but motor not. Diesel should fairly stream out. I hope it is a simple fix for you.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did unplug the monitor but did not help, It must take a second or two for the ecu to fully boot up or something. Dealer was out the computer will throw a e1612 error code but only when you are trying to run it reved up once you go back to idle the code goes from active to stored. Problem is it states something like error code cannot be decoded and then shows a 4 digit hex number cant remember the number. So the dealer cannot find it on their system and is now sending it through assist. Pain in the butt, need the combine in next 4 or 5 days hopefully they will figure something out before that.

As for the electric fuel pump it appears fine as I mentioned when I first start up I can rev up properly so I dont think that is it. Thanks for the thought

·
Registered
427 Posts
In laws CX8080 intermittently derates down to 1200-1300 rpm as well. Turn it off couple minutes, good to go for 6 hrs up to 5 days. Seams totally random. Get fuel rail pressure alarm and low fuel flow code occasionally. Have replaced fuel rail pressure relief valve and fuel rail pressure switch. Neither of which fixed the issue. Dealer wants to replace the fuel pump next. Decided not to spend the money on that unless they think with some confidence it is the issue. They said they weren’t all that confident. Let us no if you figure it out.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so the dealer sent the code off and they came back with this. The code 1612 fault code not detected (0x64c) Indicates 'Overheat protection activates torque limitation' The 0x64c fault specifically looks at many operating parameters including the following temperatures
coolant temp
boost air temp
oil temp
other causes of the fault can be caused by items that will drive the calculated exhaust temperatures having reached critical limits
low fuel pressure
restricted exhaust system
restricted air cleaner or induction system

most common cause is the Charge air cooler flex lines and clamps have small boost pressure leaks when under pressure.

I have look at these things and they seem okay but I will check further

1 - 8 of 8 Posts