The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having problems with idlers (2) on clean grain elevator drive? The idlers not running square and are completely worn out after only 650 sep hours. Any fixes to solve? Thinking of replacing with wood or plastic blocks. Any suggestions or ideas would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think its the same as the CIH 8010, you can buy a new stub shaft to weld on the elevator and replace the bracket that holds the 2 idlers. I would install a grease nipple in the new one and grease it. We had trouble 1/2 way through harvest last year and didnt have time to weld on a new stub so we cut the bracket that holds the 2 idlers and bolted a self aligning bearing and flange to it and used a lock collar to secure the bearing to the damaged stub shaft. It got us through harvest!!! Also on the Case side the decal on the spring tightener was printer wrong and the chain was way too tight causeing extra strain on tensioner mechanism. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have same problem on cr940. I removed idler arm and heated and bent to align better. Its still a little out of line, but much better. Will see how well it lasts now. They are not afraid to charge for the idlers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts