The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day of corn Harvest was Wednesday. And its going to be a wet one. Boss got the combine stuck pretty bad Wednesday night. Broke the chain the first pull but the steel cable held next and we got it out. Luckily he only had a quarter tank and going up hill which made it easier to pull down hill. But my battery's were dead on my camera so no pictures of that. Did get lots Thursday. So here they are along with a video. The 8970 is MUCH nicer on the buggy then the 7130. 3rd last picture is of the job the new head does with the Pixall stalk rollers. Not bad. Were able to do 6.5mph in 190bu corn if we want. But we can't keep up to her with the trucks. So were only doing 3.5-4.5 depending on terrain and mud. Takes awhile to find any corn on the ground. Doing an awesome job.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it should have an 8r. They know that but with a 6r planter and 8r head. Could at times get difficult. I would have gone with an 8r and toughed it out for a few years until they get a new planter. Oh well. We like it. Lots of electronics. They give us trouble from time to time but the dealer has been excellent and the CR mechanic is very smart and innovative. Its 295hp so class VI?

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its for the grain head. Blows air into the head to stop the beans from coming back out when going down hill, side hills and just helps it feed better over all.

Take care,

Nathan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.