The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The left side main shaft bearing on cr940 running hot to touch. Is this normal or not. Greased bearing but no change. Everything looks ok. ( this is driven shaft just off of engine gearbox with 4 band belt. Does anyone have a cr940-970 that can check temp by touch on their machine? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked with IR therm. and running at 200-208 deg F. measuring on the bearing housing. This is in chest high drilled beans w 30' head and power level at 95-115%. Does seem to be normal, but am keeping an eye on it and have new bearings in case of problems.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
I looked in the book and almost cried when I saw what replacing bearings involves. Good thing they are greaseable, and should last forever with the design they have (fingers crossed)

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
There are some big torque nuts that have to come off and go back on and if its the rotor drive side the whole assembly has to come off. That gets a little tricky too. They are usually jammed on there pretty hard. It might be something to do in the off season when you have time and aren't rushing, but I think they normally run warm so it should be ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts