The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, new to the forum!

I was looking for some insight, and not from my dealer, about the 9065 combine. We are looking at a 2011 with approx 850 engine and 650 sep hours on it. It seems to be in darn good shape, demo'd great (nice and smooth) and has no obvious issues.

We have run our 2004 940 for about 4 years - it has 2300 engine and 1900 sep hours and has been a GREAT machine. I guess my questions are referring to the 10.3L FPT engine and its reputation as well as how the rest of the combine handles the additional hp, considering the combine is running all of the same gear boxes, belts ect as our 940 with approx 100+ horsepower being pushed through it.

We are soybean, wheat, milo and (future) corn farmers fyi.

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
49 Posts
The 9065 is a 9060 with a 9070 motor in it. It could have been ordered with some of the 9070 gearbox's. It also has 2 return augers and the 940/9040 only have 1. It is a very nice machine. They were too close in price with a 9070 when offered that most guys just stepped up to the bigger rotor machine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
mdcrdrvr, I have never personally dealt with a 970/9070 but the mechanic at the dealership was telling me about a few of the downsides of the bigger frame machines, mainly changing the concaves. I typically do it myself (out of necessity) on our 940 and its not TOO big of a problem. The dealer that was selling it to us was the original seller and said that it was a very optioned up machine - extended wear components throughout (except the dang bubble up tube which they are replacing) and the heaviest final drives and hydro system.

Either way, we got the machine. We really love the intelliview 4 monitor (prev owner upgraded it) coming from the first gen monitor in the 940 with an Insight yeild monitor. Once we get some more good weather, I can get this girl cleaned up good for the winter!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.