The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: CR940

I'd jump on it, significant savings for a combine that has the best cab, comparable if not better capacity, wouldn't surprise me if it had better reliability then the deere. Sounds like you can't really go wrong with the deal because that a significant percentage off.

Good luck with your decision

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, new to the forum. I'm in the process of pricing new combines, currently own 1997 model JD9600. Firstly want to know if 940 will compete with 2588,/9660, or need to go bigger. I'm in Australia
and harvest mainly wheat , chickpeas and sorghum, with yields of .5ton/acre up to 2ton/acre(not a common issue in last decade!!). New Holland informs me new 9040 will not be bought into the country so it's the 940s already here, not sure what year models they are. Price wise NH are well below the other two ($40-50 000), any comments, suggestions would be appreicated.
Thanks, Had 51mm of rain overnight stopped planting sorghum,
BUGGER!

·
Registered
508 Posts

More cleaning area. Better features. The cab is years and years ahead of both of the other 2 combines. I'd jump on it. I get to run a 940 and enjoy it. I've never been uncomfortable in it. Has had it's problems but the dealers always been there.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
144 Posts

How many acres? How about a 960? Bigger jump from 940-960 than 960-970. 940's very rare around here. Western Canada. Either will be better than Deere. imo

·
Registered
10 Posts

Hi, We farm about 7 000 acres, currently usaully half summer and the other half winter naturally., that's if the weather allows. Last year had 6 000 acres of winter (wheat+chickpea)
and no summer crop. This results in employment of contractor , looking to reduce this depence
Also country is undulating with quite a deal of contours so 30ft front is as big as I need. 36ft leaves crop going over contours, worried wouldn't feed enough into 960 to warrant the cost of machine, thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
508 Posts

It be a bigger jump from a 960-970. A 940 and 960 are the same except for hp. Both with the same cleaning area and both have 17" rotors. The 970 has alittle under 2,000 more sp.in of cleaning area and a 22" rotor.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
144 Posts

I guess I should check specs before I reply. You're right. I thot the 960 was just an underpowered 970. You'll still like the NH more than the Deere.

·
Registered
7 Posts

We have had a 940 for the last three years in CQ with a Midwest 45ft front on it and have had a good run out of it. Last year in some pretty good wheat (up to 2t/ac) we had a 9660 beside us with a 36ft front. The two machines could do about the same speed with the corresponding capacity difference. I havn't noticed a power problem in the time we have had it, but I guess no wet harvests either.

Sando

·
Registered
10 Posts

Sando, will try and contact you. Lindsay has said to give you a ring. CR960 How much straw do you feed through the machine, we feed very little unless in weather damaged crop. As Sando has stated we (I'm also in CQ) have not had to harvest in wet going for some time.
Also do either of you run duals ? I'm currently running them on 9600 and wouldn't consider running Header without them, is this a possible reason for under powering?Has anyone looked at amping up power on 940 and whats' involved? Back planting today , ducks would get bogged but running out of time to finish.
Cheers, thanks for the replies

1 - 9 of 9 Posts