The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a update to replace the early 970 and 8010 grain pans, I'm wondering why yours did not get changed. Neighbors 8010 broke and company paid for all repairs, plus gave them a combine to use while there's was being repaired. I would be talking to company.

·
Registered
257 Posts
we have an 02 970 and an 04 940...on the 970 besides the fact that the electronics are completely screwed up now the grain pan broke...the complete drivepart of it is damaged and its touching the fanhousing.....its gonna be a major repair.
Just wondering if anyone has heard of similar problems....perhaps it might only be a problem on older units or do the new ones have the same issues....the combine has only 900 hours and bought it used ...so I don't know the whole history of it....but I will need to trade and although the NH is doing a clean sample and low losses I'm really questioning if I shouldn't go to a different brand.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes, small cracks start around 250-600 hours at the little spot welds and follow the grain pan out. Push the company to make it right, they know they HAD a problem...they are braced differently now

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have a 9070 that looks like the grain pan was too wide when it was put together and they just made it fit after 600 hrs it broke the spot welds and cracked bending it up in the middle. We just bought the small grains kit bent it straight bolted it together and put a small channel iron down the middle to hold it down. Other wise we would have had to pull the whole thing our and replace it and with harvest going on that was not going to happen.

·
Registered
257 Posts
yes, Thanks for the replies....the whole frame that holds the shoe is broke too on ours.....had a 9770sts for demo..it seems to loose more grain and a little less capacity but maybe thats the way to go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts