The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a cr970. It sat out at dealers lot all summer. Went to check unload gearbox and it was full of water. Anyone had that experience? Can I simply drain and refill with new oil? Thanks in advance for your replies.

· Registered
3,776 Posts
Our CX840s have been doing that for years, those things fill right up with water! I just pull the drains and leave them for a day and fill them with oil. It's amazing they have never given trouble, leaving that side door open helps I think.

· Registered
26 Posts
The seal probably needs to be replaced in there. We get that problem all the time in the shop. 2 man and 3 man job getting that thing down out of there. Make sure you stick a board or something in the auger flightings to keep the vertical auger in place.

· Registered
57 Posts
i had the same on our cx combine last winter. when checking oil level i only found water in it. i took the gearbox off and after inspecting the inside i was glad i did. the bearings where very bad and everything was badly rusted. the gearbox was very close to completely stop working. i replaced the bearings and seals and cleaned out all the rust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.