The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run a 2004 CR 970 for the first year replacing our TX66.While doing canola tonight I had a serious back feeding problem. Enough to make the slip clutch work and quite for the night. Any ideas why? Or anyone else ever have the same problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are talking about the feeder house back feeding, i have an 2005 doing the same thing. The material comes around and up and over the feeder chain and starts going over the top towards the front.. I also would like a remedy for this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let me clear myself, the material does come in under the chain to the back of feeder housing, but it makes its way up the back of feeder chain and starts going over the top follwing the chain.

·
Super Moderator
4,011 Posts
You've just described the difference between back feeding and not feeding, the two are often confused
and in my experience it almost always not feeding so good to know that you are back feeding.
If you have variable speed feeder sometimes playing with the speed can help. And if one does if the
canola straw is tough or green the combine will feed much smoother if you slow the
feeder down to the limit of feeder house capacity of course.
Any chance there is damaged or worn intake parts on the front of the rotors?
Mud built up anywhere? Feeder chain in good shape? Stone trap door set correct height?
And last but not least, is the feeder chain installed the right way around, tall serrated lug leading?
That's all I got.

Don

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had that same problem on our CR960. should be the same thing in the feeding line of things. on the auger up on the front of the rotors they have adjustable tabs or wear plates. the ones on the front should be adjusted as far out as possible. if you put the rotors in neutral and turn it by hand and you have them all the way out and it doesnt hit anything your still okay. it will hit a plate in there before it will hit the feeder chain. that worked for me. oh btw there is a plate above the feeder house that you can take off to axcess the rotor.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep thanks for the info. Just finished the first quarter of flax. Two to go then done for the year!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts