The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
My question is why ? How will you remove and trap impurities and such in your oil to prevent premature engine wear ? If anything add more filtration such as a centrifugal spinner, you would be amazed at the soot they remove .

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you are talking about the breather filter on the FPT engines, I think you might get oil coming out the breather without it. There isn't much in the way of a collector for the oil mist otherwise.

Ben

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone done this? I’d like to take filter out and re route hose to ground like the old engines

·
Registered
463 Posts
The filter isn't that expensive. Tried to look it up online but all I can find is the whole cover/filter assembly. Just did one on the 10.3 in my 970. The filter gets oily up there.

·
Premium Member
8,054 Posts
Lots of people cutting a small hole in it back when I ran CNH stuff. Not aware of any issues as a result.

·
Registered
464 Posts
thru mine out and routed the breather to atmosphere, the recirculated fumes plugged my air to air.RME charged me 10,000 trying to fix problem of engine derate. Got pissed off and took tractor home and bought a deere this was may 13.
in the summer I started looking at unit myself and found the air to air was plugged with a tar. There is actually and assist on this issue and a update on fail for the breather

·
Registered
23 Posts
I see no reason why filter couldn’t be removed or a hole in it and route hose to atmosphere like every other engine has I no of!
What happens when these engines get a little wore out and start having a little extra blow by and that filter gets plugged in 50 hours?
If it can cause major problems when it gets plugged I’d be much more comfortable with it gone,
Likely was someone’s idea to reduce emissions

·
Registered
66 Posts
Punch a small hole in the thing. If you do have a blockage one day it wont blow all your seals out. 485 steiger is not fun to change it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts