The Combine Forum banner

crazy 9760!

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jdstsman 
#1 ·
My friends 9760 combine went crazy today! every light and buzer went off! they could not change any electrical settings on the combine. When they turned the key off the motor dies but the lights and buzers stay on. can anyone help? anyone ever seen anything remotely like this?

#3 ·
4 suggestions where I have seen this.

1. Alternator has failed
2. Wiring short in harness from rear LHS to cab that runs down LHS chassis
3. Warning panel failure
4. Most likely if you have ATU or autosteer could be a greenstar component overloading canbus or back feeding power to panel

#4 ·
The greenstar quit working first and sent a CAN BUS ID: 200. then we unpluged the greenstar monitor and the lights and warning buzers would still go off! The oil pressure light would go first and then all the others shortly afterwards. The visiontrak monitor hasn't been working either!

#7 ·
Check to see what the alternator is putting out. I was working on a 9750 a few years ago and the oil pressure light kept coming on. I checked the oil pressure and it was good. I checked wiring and it was all good. It ended up that the alternator was overcharging by one volt and that caused the warning light to come on. I replaced the alternator and all was good again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.