The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do crop dividers help on reducing crop damage when used on a Sp sprayer later in the season on cereal crops when applying fungicide or late season N. Would they help much with 380/46 tires. Thinking about trying to trim costs and not hire a plane for some application. Sprayer has 90 ft boom so trying to minimum damage . I do have the time to do it timely.Thanks for any thoughts.

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Depends on row spacing and crop hight, I am running 420s so you will have an advantage over me. Late season N does not do alot for you, fungicide at flowering saved me about 60% and pre harvest I thought I saved about 90%. These are not scientific estimates but my best guess on the averages. Might be better with a rear boom sprayer as my front cones are kind of short to clear the booms.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Put tridekon dividers on all 4 corners. Figured they paid for themselves over 1 year plus don't have to fight with the driven down tracks the next year. They always cause problems with dragging and plugging when working the first time after harvest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.