The Combine Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Yup, longest day of the year, and I had to wear a jacket when I drove our old open air tractor to our other farm an hour away to work on a spot for our camper. On the bright side, made it there before it rained! It seriously has to warm up if these crops are going to make it.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yup, longest day of the year, and I had to wear a jacket when I drove our old open air tractor to our other farm an hour away to work on a spot for our camper. On the bright side, made it there before it rained! It seriously has to warm up if these crops are going to make it.
For sure! Almost July and I still have sweet shirts and jackets in use... haven't turned the a/c on in the house n corn is 4ft shorter then last year...

·
Registered
734 Posts
Seems that you can always hope for better, but there should be no complaints on conditions from Central Alberta. However, an August frost is the thing that I would dread the most any year. We are current sitting 2 very good growing degree days behind the avg of last 7 years so really hoping my hot, dry forecast comes back for July/Aug. The experts say that a full moon is not correlated to frost, but pattern of storms around here this yr so far could make that one August 15 interesting.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
corn is 4ft shorter then last year...
Saw a pic last week from Indiana I believe, 6' something guy in the field last year and corn was over his head, pic this year corn is not quite knee high.

Sick of the cold too, should be sweating balls this time of year not bundling up! We've got a long way to go to put this crop in the bin at this rate.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
361turbo;3341071 haven't turned the a/c on in the house [/QUOTE said:
Turn on the A/C!!!! Christ, I keep turning the heat back on, I don't know how many times I have turned it off saying no matter how cold it gets, I'm not turning back on, only to turn it back on!

101 - 106 of 106 Posts