The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to update my blog

Crops are looking good after some more good rains the past week with another 10mm (.4") today!

here we have some wheat(2 pics)

Two pics of feed barley

Two pictures of some early maturing peas flowering, Mist in the backgroung of the second

these peas featured in my earlier threads a bit later flowering should start in a week or two from now.

A couple different malt barleys first one on our better ground second on the coastal ground both looking a bit tipped from the recent dry winds

And lastly some of the older style peas we still grow just starting to flower

Some severe frosts could be on their way this week
I hope they dont get here its the last thing we need! but hopefully wont hurt too many crops just yet might get a few of the early pea pods, Ill keep my fingars crossed!

aussiefarmer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Big fella whats happening, the crops are looking the goods over the water from the EP. What rate do you sow your peas at? and what spacing do ya have ya bar at? Cheers Bj

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate!

peas are sown at about 120kg/ha? but dont quote me!

spacings are 6 3/4"

crops here needed the rain falling today to save them! with no subsoil moisture they seem to suffer after a few days without rain, but still looking the goods at this stage.
have some more up to date pictures to put up here later today havent got enought time just now.

aussiefarmer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts