The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have an 84 1460 with a crossflow fan that somebody has added. going to look at a 1990 1660 tomorow with the paddle style fan. would it be worth my time to switch fans as part of the deal? im not totally sold on the benefits of this newer style fan. i think my sample is not clean enough for what this fan supposedly does. specially in wheat, seems like i always have to run it full out to do anything. maybe thats what your supposed to do. any advice?

Thanks dan

·
Registered
352 Posts
we have a 1460 with the paddle fan and a 1660 with the crossflow and we have had very good luck with the crossflow we can set our seives alot wider with it than the paddle fan and our samples in all the crops were really clean. but ya pretty much our settings are the same with the crossflow we just left it at around 1100 for corn, beans, milo and in wheat i think we had it around 900 or so. in my opinion i would run with the crossflow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The crossflow didn't seem to make as much difference on the 60's as it did on the 80's, since they were enough narrower they got air to the middle fairly well (the 80's didn't, you always had a pile in the middle of the chaffer when you shut it down hot). They were a good improvement, though. Harvest Services used to make an open side-plate kit that helped out the paddle fans a bunch, if you were going to keep the paddle I'd definitely look into a set.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Like jake said, the 60 fan with the open dividers is a huge improvement. Go to the gordon harvesting website and get the hilco open divider kit for $100.00 !! I put them in and it makes a huge difference. Also running a adj. airfoil chaffer as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts