The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble finding out the differences between the CTS and the CTSII. Are there any good websites that explain the history of the John Deere combine line-up? I'm curious about Horsepowers, cylinder sizes, tank sizes etc. on these older machines.

·
Registered
66 Posts
hi there sinapis , not sure about sites to check out, could log on to www.jdparts.com register if you arn't already and look up parts manuals for specs. i have a 97 model which was the end of the ones, both the one and 2 are basicly the same machine as far as the cylinder,beater,rotors and seive area is concerned, the 2 is a better machine mainly because they have 8.1 instead of the 7.6 in the 1 , the later 2 has a twin rib beater drive belt , there is a better drive cupler between the rotors on the 2, i think you may get a few more fan revs (no big deal)seive lights , the 2 has grain tank extensions 7t instead of 5.5t also a fold down buble up auger (probably not a good update just another wear point ) there are larger final drives on the 2 than the 1 ( i have the annaversary 97 model not sure weather it has small or large on it ?) the 2 has dual grease points on the rear stub axles witch is a good update as i replaced mine at 1600hrs this year and the left side had been binding in the housing, they tend to break after 2000hrs depending on the country they have been in. there is a slightly diffrent cornerpost in the cab, allot of the 2 will have yeild monitoring in them, i drove one of the last 2 once and there was something difrent in the engine bay can't remember but nice machine. cheers shooter

·
Registered
508 Posts
the cts 11 is the newer model had the 10 series cab updates like the conventianals and had the 8.1 engine with 275 hp as compared to or 260 hp in the cts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts