The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at replacing our 9500 combine for next season and have been looking at a 1999 CTS ll or a 2004 Lexion 460r. As I haven't run either machine I'm curious to know other's experiences with either one. Both have similar hours (1900 on the CTS, 1550ish on the Lex). Having run and liked Deere before (and being familiar with their machines) I'm inclined to the CTS, but maybe there is some real advantage to the Lexion I don't know about? Less loss? gentler on pulses? better straw to bale? better design?
We grow wheat, oats, lentils, peas, flax.

Any experience or advice appreciated.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you go with the CTS you will find an increase in capacity over your 9500 when thrashing wheat. We grow lots of flax and don't do anything with the flax straw, after the CST we are able to seed through.

Mostly we are not able to bale behind the CTS, only some very heavy wheat straw.
We have not thrasher oats with our CTS.

·
Registered
381 Posts
a big deal would be were is the closest and best parts department. we have run CTS's for 20 years and have had great results.a little slow in canola but barley and durum can run with the big boys.don't forget they are 22 years old and only a class 5 but for 20 grand they will work hard. easy to work on easy to set. computer shows the odd code but they still go to the field and work.we have 930 flex 930r and 914 pickups,all are simple and tough.replaced them with a 540c challenger and a 9770 jd but kept a cts as backup and it was used three times last harvest. my vote is john deere but know very little about a 460r.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts