The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, looking into some used combines, so does anyone know what is the smallest CTS and STS John Deere combine on US market....or in general. Maybe like late 90's early 2000's?

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
If your looking for a bit older machine, your best to look for a common machine, and then look for one in good condition. This may lead you to buy one with a bit more capacity than you need, but some of the more unique parts may be more readily available should you need them. It may also provide you with more options and allow you to be more discretionary in the choice you make. IMO

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, so 9550 sounds like something i'd opt for. now, what would be the smallest header for it? I really don't want anything over 5-5.5m. Even sub 5m would be great.
So i do need a combine that has a quite capacity but smeller header.
How do those CTS/STS do in soybeans and wheats? I don't do corn....not now.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm pretty sure they didn't make a 9550sts, just walker. They made a 9560sts though. CTS, CTSII and 9650cts and 9660cts were the CTS combines? We had a CTSII. Didn't like canola but loved cereals!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Here's a 915 (15') probably as small as you'll find. No need to get any smaller 'cause, depending on your tire setup your tires will be as wide or wider than the header. If you need a header that small the 9560 is WAY too much combine IMHO. Unless you need an sts something like a 9400 would be a better match for that header and still a really nice machine...and a BUNCH cheaper.

The 9560 is 265 HP. Here are the specs.

We use a 9650sts with a 925 on wheat and it is great on heavy crops (4-5 t/a). But the machine starves below 2 t/a wheat unless the field is smooth enough and the wheat is standing well enough to rip through the field.

Edited: I stand corrected, here's a 12 footer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.