The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A project that I started a long time ago. 4bt cummins with hx35 turbo, Nv4500, 4wd with a gear vendors. Got a fortune in her but she is fun to drive. Still needs some interior work and a little more work to finish the A/C. I figured some of you might find it interesting

Attachments

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
As I looked at the photos I had a couple of questions.

I assume both the rad and the after cooler are one of a kind or at least aftermarket items and very $$$. Was this to increase the stock rads cooling because of the heat rejection into it from the aftercooler ?.

Also and I realize its hard to get a good picture of the gauges when your doing 70 mph ;), but it appears as though the tach is reading around 1500 at that 70 mph which surprised me as I didn't think that small an engine had the torque to run that high a gearing, I assume the engine mods woke that engine up everywhere in its power-band. Do you know what diff ratio you have as well as the overdrive ratio in the NV transmission ?

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the radiator was a perfect buy with 2 electric fans, and individual variable speed drivers I only had 600$ into that but the intercooler was cusom made by bell intercoolers and cost me 1400$. The pic of the guages was prior to installing the gear vendors, I can run 80 at 1600rpms, it will really pull, much more power than the 350 it had, no more need to downshift on the hills, it does real well

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes, and they were kind of a pain to install, they have a box in between each sending unit and the guage, was never sure of there purpose but by the time I got 3 of them under the dash it was a job

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it hangs around 27-29, hit 32mpg once. This engine was originally naturaly aspired and was for a case skid steer. They were popular way beyond the bread trucks such as, case, Hesston, new Holland swathers, the smaller sized maxim tractors had them, case skid steers, new Holland had a 3cyl version in c-series track loaders, i know a few diff brands of small track hoes had them, the list goes on

·
Premium Member
5,233 Posts
Cool project, happy for you it all worked and turned out great. Now to be able to use it, that is the real satisfaction of re-inventing something;)

Was going to replace the 6.2 in my '85 K3500 when it detonated the last time with a Perkins,...guys were doing it back in the 80's, read about it in Farm Show more than once, but I couldn't find anything about it ten years ago when I wanted to. No luck tracking down who was building the adapter plates, nothing. Miss my old truck, it's been patiently waiting, even still has insurance on it. Have since bought two more good 6.2 engines, but in the ten years since she lost oil pressure have never found the time to swap one out:(....maybe this winter:)

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
We have Mexican Mennonite working for us who's dad has done maybe a dozen '90s Chev half tons with 5.9s out of Dodges, he personally drives a '94 half ton two wheel drive with one in it, claims to have over a half million km on it since the swap. I can't believe the front end can carry that engine around like that but he says it works good.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.