The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 1680 and 2188 have the big single engine oil filter. I just purchased a 2388 that has a bigger filter on it (an ultra 2). Either filter will fit on all three combines. Is the bigger filter's purpose to extend oil change intervals or is it required on the 2388? Should I run it on my older machines also?

What are you guys running for hours between oil changes on these cummins motors. I'm still changing oil at 100-125 hours or sooner between crops. Is that too often?

·
Registered
277 Posts
As far as the filters go, i am wondering the same thing but on a MX 245. We bought the tractor last fall and it had a Case IH ULTRA filter on it, which cross references with a Fleetgaurd 3548. I am very familiar with those filters being we have been using a Case IH ULTRA or a 3548 FG for many years on our other tractors. However i went to get new filters for it and they gave me a Case IH ULTRA II and said that is what they call for. So i am wondering can i still run the 3548 or the ULTRA (and that is what it came with), or do i have to run the new ULTRA II. We change oil every 125-150 hrs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
What I do is run Schaeffers oil and have my oil checked after every oil change that way I can increase my change intervals. I was running around that 250-300 hours on our 2388.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts