The Combine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

· Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Do you have the bigger fuel lines? They look kind of small compared to mine?
Im running the stock fuel lines until they become a restriction, spent too much coin on this in the first place and those seemed unnecessary until im over the 500hp hump.

Thats a very nice setup :cool:. Can you put one in this for me??? :D
Nice rig. If you have a lot of patience and time its not as hard as you would think! This was my first attempt with a swap and surprisingly it worked! I usually Tim Taylor everything up. :D

· Registered
261 Posts
I don't have the time anymore unfortunately. We had a 12v in a 67 K20 Chevy briefly then pulled it in hopes of going to a Duramax but have gotten so busy with our operation and custom work that we don't have time for fun projects :(. We still have a Duramax chassis and the 67 in our shop taking up space.
What part of NE do you live in? If it was in an area I get close to I'd like to see yours.

Nice rig. If you have a lot of patience and time its not as hard as you would think! This was my first attempt with a swap and surprisingly it worked! I usually Tim Taylor everything up. :D

· Registered
4 Posts
Hmm the project sounds great and your truck is also looking very powerful. I love these big trailers but never drive anyone of them. but I wish I will drive it once in my life. Thanks for sharing these great photos of your truck.

· Registered
1,479 Posts
Keep up with the updates that should really tow great once their installed. I've never driven a truck with compounds but it sure looks like fun.

· Registered
2,283 Posts
Keep up with the updates that should really tow great once their installed. I've never driven a truck with compounds but it sure looks like fun.
C15 Cats with the compound turbo setup have a lot of issues, deliver the power but not as reliable as they could be. I think that's a Cat issue though.

Bruce

· Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
C15 Cats with the compound turbo setup have a lot of issues, deliver the power but not as reliable as they could be. I think that's a Cat issue though.

Bruce
Its gotta be a cat problem, all the major engine manufactures are going with either twins or compounds in both gas and diesel platforms. Ive seen some reliability issues with compounded 5.9's, but it was more likely the person who built them rather than the actual compounds causing the problem. If CAT threw compounds on an engine with weak head bolts and thin head gaskets there are bound to be problems. The large single turbo on my cummins couldnt move enough air on its own, I could haul with it but the pyro just skated on the 12-1300 degree mark for the whole trip. Id rather have the same boost #'s (low to mid 40's) in the sub-1000 degree EGT #'s.

· Registered
96 Posts
AC idea. Could you put a 12v power converter in and run a small 120v window AC unit? Or do they require to much electricity to run? There should be some room in the sleeper where you could mount a unit. However you may need to do some creative thinking to hook up to the vents in dash thou.

You may also want to consider making a full deck on the truck with some tool boxes to put your chains and straps in .

· Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
AC idea. Could you put a 12v power converter in and run a small 120v window AC unit? Or do they require to much electricity to run? There should be some room in the sleeper where you could mount a unit. However you may need to do some creative thinking to hook up to the vents in dash thou.

You may also want to consider making a full deck on the truck with some tool boxes to put your chains and straps in .
They still make the rooftop A/C units, however they cost more than what I spent in parts on the motor.:mad:

Ill hopefully be getting my hands on a merrit aluminum headache rack this winter. My trailer has lockable toolbox's that keeps most of my valuables. Where I haul my scrap metal to in Colorado is a bit sketchy to say the least so I dont want to have hundreds of dollar's of chains for the thieves to grab while im sleeping in my bunk. Ive already lost a custom made pintle hitch stolen from me that way.

· Premium Member
3,452 Posts

Bruce
Most of the issues with c15 accert is solved with set of sporty stacks. The compound turbo set up on c15 was reliable, they had to to much exhaust restriction with made them hard breathing.

Cummins have had compounding turbos for years on the k19, Komatsu had same set up on 765 truck all had no issues.

Madsnake

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.