The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know my application is not typical for a 9660STS but in defoliated A. Seed that is a little on the green side it really starts banging and making allot of racket, do you guys get the same thing in tough conditions, and does it harm anything or just sound bad. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Yes, we get the same banging in every crop when it gets tough at night, we usually just slow down and problem solved. The bullet rotor has made a huge difference to cut down the banging.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Around here (rice country) the loud banging noise is usually the grates being knocked out by a wad of down rice. Why did deere design the grate setup with just 2 small bolts holding 4 sections of grates in a 300+ HP combine? I know of about 10 different combines here that have knocked the grates out in down rice....

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've found a partial cure for it, when in really tough green alfalfa seed spinning the rotor up to 900-1000 seems to stop some of the banging noise. It also seems to cut down on some of the rotor loss in green tough conditions. The best is obviously to get the crop as dry as possible but once the seed has been defoliated 10-12 days its about as dry as its going to get.

If the conditions are good the 9660 sts is about 1.5-2 9610's its really amazing how much it will do in a day and it is a much cleaner sample. So far my best day with it was 70,000 lbs of A. seed. That was cutting from 12:00 to 7:30PM. Our 9610 was cutting in the same field with me and delivered 35,000 lbs in the same time period.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts