The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am checking what the going price would be for 25 commercial red angus cows and 2 bulls.

About 15 bred heifers, 8 second calvers, rest older or smaller cows. Basically the smaller cows from a heard of 140.

If anyone knows what the going price was back in January of 2019 would be great also. North Central Montana location.

Trying to come up with a fair and honest value for this bunch of cattle. After I get a few comments I will say what I offered.

To help with comments and get the curiosity up.... Being told I am way to low. I even had the sheriff called to report elderly exhortation for the person I am willing to buy the cows from. I set the price believing I was over market value. I told the person to find any willing buyer and I will pay $100 per head extra over what they will buy them for. The rest of the heard was appraised. Asked they call the person that appraised the rest of the heard and get a value I am getting frustrated. Doubt I will buy the cows. I am trying to help the person out and they keep insisting to take what I believe is horrible advice from the person that turned me in. Would love to hear what the cows are and were worth. They are in good health. I have been calving out the past 2 years and feeding them all the hay they want to eat. Plus mineral, salt, and crystalyx. Out of my pocketing thinking I am buying the cows. I can go on with this story, but will just ask the value for now. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Ahhhh yes been there done that lol, different circumstances but along same ideas, people get greedy and then the checks and balances need to kick in. Don't hesitate to protect your reputation, thats worth more than many realize.

As for market price histories, the website for the guys I sell thru goes back years, covers central AB thru to Northern BC, might help some, Sometimes you can get your rep or someone else like in management of the mart you deal with to write a letter, you're not the first, neither was I, they have seen and heard it all before and if you are a customer in good standing they will try to help.

This is the link for VJV, will open for Westlock, but you can select the other locations on the home page. Prices go back to 2003 for Westlock, not sure about the other locations, as Westlock up to a few years ago was Triple J and bought out by Sekura when the owner retired.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Market has softened here, mid Jan I bought bred heifers, black for $1700. Last weekend I bought some black pairs for $1800. Bet the bred market off a couple hundred.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts