The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you always wonder when your going along and i was cutting 30-38 bushel beans at 5.5 mph with a 36ft draper... sample is clean and your rotors on 580 concaves are pretty open..

you don't see anything on the A-post on your rotor and sieve loss...

anyone else wonder since the hoppers clean and your tailing has a few bars if you have it working just perfect? haha

i try not to overthink it... but its hard especially when you get ez steer....

have a good one.... beans are around 12-13 moisture

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha yeah it is.. we have some comeing that will be in the 20's..

so im fine with 30.... we did have 40 acres of RR2 to yield make 50...

·
Registered
6 Posts
beans ( in Iowa ) last few days 15 -16+ moisture that is

2020 platform auger back and down to try and get them to the feeder
Red machines have some good features from Yellow but this header aint one of them!

Is a draper worth the extra dough every year?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One word....Yes!!

especially in short beans..i mean sure there's some that you can't get cause there too small but overall if theres a good stand of short ones they will go in and u will not see anything behind the head..

if you don't have alot of extra help id try to get the new fd70 its just alot easier to hook and unhook....also easier to get on a header trailer....

more than anything the beans feeding in head first and going threw the machine easier and cutting earlier and much later is the biggist things i'll tell you to sell you on the idea..

yeah we always liked the 1020 bean heads....then they went to the nh 2020 heads and ive heard a few positives but mostly complaints from our local dealer...

also if you want to save some cash the 2052 head which is a draper but use's field tracker will work in most case's just as good if your not very hilly..

good luck and have a good harvest.... we did hit some 35-40 bushel beans yesterday so that was alot of fun after the day before

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the response casefarmer. We hear all good things from our dealer, nice to get some input from people who actually work with the stuff.

Best of luck to you and yours also, hopefully be done with the beans by the weekend and get back to the really wet crop.

Little brother works at a big CO-OP and heard yesterday LP could get short! What next!!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem we've rAn 2 case 2062 for 4 years and we traded one for a 2162 so we've had some experience. Ha. That doesn't sound good. Lots of corn still out.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow. That would be something.... What are u harvesting with and how fast can u go??? Also why can't they make something to keep the grain from dribbling out of the d**n unloading auger....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts