The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started cutting some beardless wheat today and the combine is doing a terrible job all the way around. its putting whole heads in the bin, wheat in the heads is going out the back. i have the concave closed completely and its cracking it, and leaving wheat in the heads. i cut for this customer a few years ago and it was bad, but not this bad. i have the beater spead up kit, air deflector in front of the sieves, st,john's concave and bars. all are low time. any suggestions as to what to do?? havent taken a sample to the elevator to see what the test weight is, but theres quite a bit of wheat on the ground as well.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Re: cutting beardless wheat with a 9610= horrible

Do you have the front section of the concave blanked off?

·
Registered
170 Posts

Hey there. I just got done cutting wheat here in the north Texas area. I had the same problem. I cut about 250 acres of hard wheat and had no troubles. Clean samples and good test weights for the kind of year that we have had. I cut about 200 acres of soft wheat and had the same problems. I run a L3 and a International 1440 and both were leaving little peices of wheat head in the bin and also blowing seed out the back end. I set and reset the seives concaves and fan choke and rotor speed and had no luck. The pieces of heads in the bin had no seed in them. My only guess was the frost damage that we had. The seed blowing out the back end were light and about half the size that they should be. I could'nt figure out what the problem was. Good luck to you and if you find out an adjustment for it let me know just in case I have the same problem next year.

·
Registered
778 Posts

You will definitely need a couple rows of fillers in the concave if you don't have a prethresher feed plate.

If you've got whole heads in the tank there's a major problem on the shoe. Either your sieve is too far open or you've got bad seals somewhere. You should be running a fairly heavy tailings load in a crop like that.

·
Registered
51 Posts

I ran a 9600 that did the same thing it had a bent rasp bar also check that concave is at the same gape right to left becouse one side could be dropped down farther

·
Registered
961 Posts

welcome to the world of beardless wheat. we have had trouble thrashing and cleaning the stupid stuff ever since we started harvesting. tight and fast is pretty much the only thing you can do

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

could be true---yall need any help i need a job!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts