The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has cut a hole in the floor of their 9000 series machine underneath the fan to gain more air volume. On heavy wheat crops, our 9600 can block up above the conveying augers once in a while .

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't think it will cure your problem. Try opening the pre cleaner a bit and let us know what that does.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Several of our customers have done just that. Here is what we have done, cut out the area in front of the fans and weld in a new plate with holes , just like the 10series and newer. Take your time, it can look factory if done correctly.also not a bad idea to add the shield over the shoe auger drive gears like the 10series and newer.The best patr of this is that when you shut down the combine any debris will fall of the shields.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I second what DeereFever said. I, too, made a new plate [w/holes in it]. The largest bit I had at the time was 1 1/8", so I used that, and staggered the holes; ground it down to remove any burrs. It looks factory. I did not weld the new plate in, but rather used the little clips like the side inspection doors have to hold it on. I can replace it with the original if I were to trade and whoever didn't want it...

Don't just chop holes, though...especially below the fans.I promise you won't like that after you've done it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good idea TxFarmer. Would you have a photo of this modification? Like to know the size of the cut out in the panel. I have seen the Kuchar panel that they sale but thought it was to pricey. Did you see a difference in the cleaning capabilities with this mod?

Thanx.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts