The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the Fna meeting being held in the hat today.

We're told that the cwb is accepting offers as now and plan to be sold before years end but not nessicary to highest bidder

Said government will accept cwb recommendations, could not discuss any more on cwb revenues, assets and debts such from a disclosure agreement that the cwb made Fna sign

Pattersons, carGil, pioneer are possible buyers, also said that the buyer will be reimbursed full purchase price after sale from government:confused::confused: to have cwb resolved with no payouts...:confused:

Mentioned that cwb has a total of six elevators and terminals and then hopper cars all involved in this accusation give away

also said the glen core has paid in full its accusations of Vittera from last year with record basis and volumes of grain at the expense of the Cdn farmers

Also mentioned that no payments from any of the proceeds will make it to farmer hands

Can any of this be true, has anyone heard about this before... Or this another Fna blowing smoke...

They want farmers to each put in ten grand to do a possible buy on the wheat board with help from a overseas investor...

Fna is running meetings twice daily for the month of October to make farmers aware what will be happening if nothing changes in next month...

I know this sounds crazy and I still don't belive IT... How can this be true

Anyone no more info please add to this

·
Registered
292 Posts
There is actually a group of pro CWB farmers from around here taking the cdn gov. to world court, didn't know that existed, over this. They claim the gov changed laws and that's how the CWB got all this money for buying all these terminals.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well got a Emil message back from Ian white... He says he has a confidentiality clause that does not allow him to speak about my concern...... Wtf is a answer like that on our assets... He is managing

Could this really be happening, that they are giving it away....

Gotta be some one out there with more info on this....

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Thanks for your update bussard. Have not had time yet to attend one of those meetings - not that you will find anything more out as it is on a need to know basis only! I don't understand what is going on? It seems the CWB is building and buying terminals left, right and center. Where is the money coming from? Does it make sense to do this if you are selling it? Was there money available that better be spent because it is like a cash rich company being bought for pennies on the dollar because they have a huge cash value on the balance sheet and no assets and therefore you have to spend it before a takeover?

It will be interesting to see how everything turns out as there are no news reports of any kind .... only that CWB is buying more and more assets. There has to be money behind it. Where is this money coming from? I doubt that banks will lend money to anyone without some kind of collateral or assets to back up a loan!

·
Registered
155 Posts
For some reason I have a hard time thinking about giving $10,000 to buy back cwb assets. We've paid for them once with our past profits that they kindly reinvested for us to make us more money. Now we have to buy the company and hope it can compete with large grain companies in a free market? Might be wrong but doesn't seem like a great deal to me. At least depending on where you live in relation to cwb elevators.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
seems the CWB is building and buying terminals left, right and center. Where is the money coming from? Does it make sense to do this if you are selling it? Was there money available that better be spent because it is like a cash rich company being bought for pennies on the dollar because they have a huge cash value on the balance sheet and no assets and therefore you have to spend it before a takeover?

It will be interesting to see how everything turns out as there are no news reports of any kind .... only that CWB is buying more and more assets. There has to be money behind it. Where is this money coming from? I doubt that banks will lend money to anyone without some kind of collateral or assets to back up a loan!
Exactly my thoughts, I know the CWB is for sale yet they just announced the planned construction of two more terminals???? I two would like to know where the money is coming from and what is the rational of building/buying terminals with leftover farmer $$$?? or taxpayer $$$ ?? Trying to make it more attractive to a potential buyer at our expense so it can be given away, kinda like putting lipstick on a pig before it goes for slaughter.

·
Registered
370 Posts
bend over again and take it like a real man, as usual i am sure there will be huge payouts and bonuses to those who are engineering such things on your behalf. why would any such organization that is for the farmers so called benefit ever give a cent to those who have toiled a lifetime to pay undeserving overpaid pimps.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
bend over again and take it like a real man, as usual i am sure there will be huge payouts and bonuses to those who are engineering such things on your behalf. why would any such organization that is for the farmers so called benefit ever give a cent to those who have toiled a lifetime to pay undeserving overpaid pimps.
Unfortunately, this is an all too familiar scenario. Farmers are infamous for not sticking together, and these parasites know that, so it`s a bit like taking candy off a baby, for them.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like major farmer intrest... Over 6million and counting

General email sent out

Thank you for your tremendous support in launching Genesis Grain & Fertilizer.

The response of farmers has made it possible for us to take the next vital step.

We now have the Offering Memorandum available for your review with the details of the project and offering.

Note that our first closing date for this offering is scheduled for October 20th, 2014, so timely action is important.

The below link will take you to a Registration Page.

Because the Offering Memorandum is a confidential document that can only be made available to accredited investors, we are required to have this registration process. You will see several categories that makes one an "accredited investor" under securities regulations. When you register, you simply select the category that best applies to you.

Once you have completed the registration form, you will receive an email message with your log in credentials.

You can then return to the site, sign in, and be given access to the confidential documents.

Start here: Offering Memorandum – Registration | Genesis Grain & Fertilizer

If you have any difficulties, please call 1-877-362-3276.

Best regards with our sincere appreciation,

James Mann,
CEO, Farmers of North America

·
Registered
65 Posts
So this is quite an interesting concept. It's funny so many farmers that wanted to abolish the CWB a couple if years ago are now wanting to buy the CWB. Is it a double standard or is that so many have decided that without the CWB they just don't know how to market grain? It's kind of funny that once markets have taken a turn downward that guys want an old company back of think that if they buy back the old system they might have more say???

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I certainly don't wnat nothing like the cwb selling my grain ever again, but if there was a farmer owned terminal, grain cars, and port terminal, I don't mind have some intrest in that

As a farmer I can sell it to whoever offers me the best price, and the more completion the better, look what the U.S. markets have done... Would not waste my time selling to these crooks North of the boarder any more

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
So this is quite an interesting concept. It's funny so many farmers that wanted to abolish the CWB a couple if years ago are now wanting to buy the CWB. Is it a double standard or is that so many have decided that without the CWB they just don't know how to market grain? It's kind of funny that once markets have taken a turn downward that guys want an old company back of think that if they buy back the old system they might have more say???
Wow you guys amaze me.1) No one wanted it abolished 2) The markets have taken a downturn? Not for the primary commodities that I grow 3) It was not a company it was legislation 4) Its still not a company, but once it's sold it will be.
5)The chance for some to be shareholders of a new grain company with assets like inland terminals and terminals at the port could pay over the long term so people not just farmers might want in.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.