The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I did a bunch last year. this is roughly what i was at in 9 moisture 50 bu canola that was burned off.
550 cylinder
concave almost all the way open
650 fan
pre cleaner 1/3 open
5/8 chaffer
3/8 sieve
try to make it dirty if you are able, mine was coming in tooo clean. Watch your fan speed.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
We had some bridging when I first started working with them, part of it is very light dry straw that just seems float over the knives when they are dull. For me they seem to work better when the straw is more intact. And less trash in the tank.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Well if he's in Southern Ontario he would be a ways south of us and in a more temperate climate. Fall crops are turning here, I bet not too much longer.

You got a decent crop Youngstu?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya pretty good crop for the year we've had! I'm in eastern ontario about an hour east of ottawa been cool and wet pretty well all summer. It's fall seeded canola and as far as it looks right now it should run about 2200 lbs an acre. If the sun will come out should be starting into the winter wheat this afternoon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.