The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying one of these any cx owners regret buying one? I have a 2388 now and want a combine to handle tough conditions. Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have did a search on here and found some good info. Closest cx dealer is 100 miles away but seems very good. Every combine here has went to rotors a few older deeres left but not many. Been in new jd and case around dark when it gets tough sound like your going to break something. Just not impressed with them for the money.

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Have 3 of them, they are always running, guys with cr's are having issues, even dealer says they have way less issues with cx's

·
Registered
110 Posts
We have had a 840 and now we are running a 860 and a 8080. All of them have been great machines. We Wouldn't be looking at any other machine in the near future. Might even be trading the 860 in for another 8080 after this season.

·
Registered
349 Posts
We have no regrets, we are at 750 E hrs and have not had a min of down time. A few little things that we ran with till morning. Been very happy. You would have a little more capacity with a CR however.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Our cx8090 will do the same as a cr9070. Maybe a touch more at the end of the day but very similar for capacity. Shop foreman says that every cx he has in for inspection requires less $$ to fix than a cr with about same hours on them.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Our cx8090 will do the same as a cr9070. Maybe a touch more at the end of the day but very similar for capacity. Shop foreman says that every cx he has in for inspection requires less $$ to fix than a cr with about same hours on them.
Ya I believe that, we run CX 8080 with CR 970 they are fairly evenly matched in canola. We are always saying a few extra ponies in the CX would be nice.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
We run ours beside a cr9070. The cx will also burn less fuel than our cr. They both have a 50hp tune in them. the cx8090 could still use more hp in some places. We ran a cx 860 and a cr960 together and they were also pretty evenly matched

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
I have did a search on here and found some good info. Closest cx dealer is 100 miles away but seems very good. Every combine here has went to rotors a few older deeres left but not many. Been in new jd and case around dark when it gets tough sound like your going to break something. Just not impressed with them for the money.
A bit off topic, but if you're doing a lot of wheat in tough straw conditions, Case offers small-tube rotors which handle tough straw quite nicely. From what I've been told they are used quite a lot in northern Alberta. We are in southern Alberta, and we've had several combines with small tube rotors and they work pretty well for us in tough straw and green weeds without much grumbling or banging. Especially nice in lumpy canola. They are a bit more touchy to set right but we feel they work fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have a friend with a 9120 with small tube rotor says it make less rumbling but a pain to keep it set in spring wheat as conditions change through the day. When we first started growing soybeans everyone was worried about spilt with a conventional that was bunch of bs same with corn but I drank the cool aid. We hardly ever cut anything dry anymore to many acres got to go. When my beans get to 17 to 18 moisture I go if I can get them through. Corn is 18 to 25. Wheat is mainly 15 to 20. I cut one dry load this year. If new holland did more marketing I think we would see more of these cxs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
For the cx owners, does anyone put corn and soybeans through them?
Soybeans, yes. No issues at all there, only problem was that we tried using a ridged header instead of a flex header. So we swathed ahead of the combine and were going 6.0+ MPH, and that was with the 8070. Havent got to beans with the new 8080 yet.

As for the OP question, its a great machine. Ran a CX since they were released with the 840. On our 3rd now with the Elevation and I cannot see going to anything else any time soon. Great combine.

·
Registered
517 Posts
same we have a cx840 a cx860 and cx8080 and cant complain about them only complaint is on the 840 had some wiring issues wire looms eating through wires other then that been great machines

·
Registered
517 Posts
yep good friends have 9120 and it burns 3-35 gallons per hour and our cx8080 only burnt 8-10 gallons per hour not saying it did as much but wouldnt be twice thats for sure

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The new flag ship rotors are not very impressive losses go up in tough grain can't get rid of white caps can't do flax with out high losses. Plus high fuel usage. They are great corn or bean machine but it ends there IMO. Specialty crops have been forgotten but with these prices I see potential to make money buy growing more crops flax being a big one in the past I have had 20 to 25 percent of my oil crop in flax. Rotors hate flax but the old standard rotor did the best job of threshing it out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts