The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to gather any information on low charge pressure errors on a 2004 cx840. It will usually happen when engaging the separator, sometimes instead of a charge error I get a no thresher rpm error. Occasionally it will happen while driving. Either way it shutsdown and takes a minute to restart. Seems to have good charge system pressure, so I'm thinking it may be electrical, like maybe a dump valve solenoid..... Anybody got ideas/experience? Thanks in advance...I'll let you know if I find anything.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Is it possible that its a bad sensor. We have neighbors with 8010s that have a machine they just run a gauge to the cab on because they haven't had any luck with the sensors. Might have to use a gauge to confirm that it is low pressure and not just a sensor

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put a pressure gauge on, pressure seems good, but when I try to engage, pressure drops, the alarm comes on and kills the motor. Also, I had the same alarm come on for no apparent reason while driving. I assume the pressure dropped then as well. that charge pump is driven through a coupling has anyone ever heard of trouble with it? Also it could possibly be contamination in some of the vavles. The combine recently got new oil and filters, when we discovered somebody stole the filler cap for the engine gearcase.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Sounds like if the pressure drops on the gauge there might be a leaking clutch pack where it engages. You would be getting an alarm if the coupling was bad. Any idea what else runs off that pump that you could test out to try to isolate the problem to a certain valve or clutch pack?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unloading auger clutchpak is on the same circuit and it works fine. Took it to the dealer...bits of clutch pak in newly changed filter, they guess the separator clutch is gone. WHY? dunno yet. would explain why the charge pressure light occaisionally comes on while driving if a piece is blocking the intake of the charge pump. You could shut it off and wait it would settle and run again. Good News is its the first time they've ever had a problem with THAT! LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts